Mi lista de blogs

lunes, 11 de abril de 2011

Jerome Brunner

In my field, the psychology, I admire Jerome Bruner. Hi is an American psychologist who has contributed to cognitive psychology and cognitive learning theory in educational psychology.
            One of his works has been to distinguish three basics ways whereby the man represents his mental models and the reality: 1. Enactive representation (action-based), 2.Iconic representation (image-based) and 3.Symbolic representation (language-based).
            I like Jerome Bruner because his theory has had important implications in the education and in the pedagogy. I like very much his interest about the evolution of cognitive child’s abilities.
            One of his criticisms is in the fact about which many important things that the culture suggests has been forgotten in the school.
            Some important masterpieces are:
  • A Study of Thinking (1956)
  • Processes of Cognitive Growth: Infancy (1968)
  • Child's Talk: Learning to Use Language (1983)
  • Acts of Meaning, Harvard University Press (1990)
  • Minding the Law, Harvard University Press (2000)
  • Making Stories: Law, Literature, Life, Harvard University Press (2003)
I hope my second grade classmates like this important man and his theory because they will see him in the Psicología del desarrollo’s class.




3 comentarios:

  1. I love educational theories. I´ll search something about this guy. =)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow! I agree with you! This man and his theories are very important for pedagogy!!

    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Interesting about the 3 types of representation. I think I'll google that.
    Nice post.

    ResponderEliminar