Mi lista de blogs

sábado, 31 de diciembre de 2011

C A L I F O R N I A


I`m not a globetrotter or something else but I like very much travelling and to know many places throughout Chile or around the world if I have the opportunity to do it.
I would like to visit many countries around the world but in this moment, if I had to choose any country, I would choose EE.UU, specifically Los Angeles, the most populous city in the California’s state.

I’d choose this place because I have a good friend there. Her name is Laura and she’s 22. She was for one year an exchange student here in Chile and I met her in a class of Psicología Social last year. From that moment we didn’t give up talking each other and finally we made a beautiful friendship.

I don’t know a lot of things about that country and that city, but I know that U.S.A is called “the country of opportunities” and is a very popular and controversy country especially after the terrorist attack occurred in September 11th, 2001.

I would like to visit all the states as I could, but above all the state of California. I would like to know these fantastic beaches that I saw in movies and series and I would like to know the UCSB (University of California, Santa Bárbara), because this is the University where my friend Laura studies, she always told me about how was it and about she did there. It sounds great. For that reason I would like to go to California to study a year for an exchange, so in this way I could visit to my dear friend in her city and her University too.

Have a nice happy new year!!!!

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Carolina! I never been to California, but I think it should be a city with many places to visit, especially its beaches. I hope that you can go to visit to your friend soon.

    kisses! and happy new year!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Great job, Carolina!! Great English.

    Some comments on what you wrote:

    Don´t forget the subject after a connector if you are stating a new idea:

    "and IT is a very popular and CONTROVERSIAL country especially after the terrorist attack occurred ON September 11th, 2001."

    Finally, when you have a wh-q in the middle of a sentence you should invert it, so:

    "...she told me how the university was... and "

    More comments in class.

    2 POINTS

    ResponderEliminar