Mi lista de blogs

viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

HOW GREEN ARE YOU?

I don’t think that I’m a green person but I try to care the environment as far as possible.

People learn about environmentally friendly practices of different ways and in different places: in school, in the job, from their parents, in the internet, etc.

I try to incorporate recycling in my habits but if my family or my environment doesn’t help me is really a difficult job. But at least in each end of semester I collect up all the papers that I won’t need anymore (tests, reports, texts, etc.) and I take them to my university to recycle them.

I use my bike to go to near places but to go to faraway places like the University (I live in Maipú), I use the subway or the transantiago because I don’t have a car.

I would like to support an eco-organization but I’ve never done that because I’ve not had the enough time to do this. I want to do many things in this short life!

I would like to plant a fruit tree in my backyard because I love all kinds of fruits! And also this way I will do an ecological action and I will help to improve the planet.

To reduce my carbon footprint I have done some things: First I try to take short showers. Second, when I wash the dishes I turn off the tap to put dishwashing liquid to the dishes and then I rinse all the dishes. Finally I try to take quickly the food of the fridge because I know that the fridge emanates a very toxic gas.

Santiago is a city with high rates of pollution, and the government doesn’t matter this serious problem. The state should create public politics to improve this situation and with this it will improve the quality of santiaguinos’s life too.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Carolina!!!

    My family doesn't help me to recycle to :( Sure, is easier to throw away garbage without separating between organic and inorganic waste.
    They do other green actions such as taking shorter showers or saving energy in general.
    But I don't know if it is to look after planet or to save money.

    Your picture is very ilustrative of the problem.

    Bye!

    ResponderEliminar